Baingan ka Bharta is a traditional North Indian dish.
Eggplant 1 medium
Onion chopped 1 cup
Tomatoes chopped ½ cup
Green chillis 2 (add more if you eat hot)
Chilli powder (optional)
Coriander leaves 2-3 tbsp
Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
Garam Masala 1 tsp
Vegetable oil 4 tbsp
Salt as per taste
1. Apply ½ teaspoon oil over the eggplant.
2. Roast uniformly over the flame until the skin looks charred.
3. Remove from flame and allow it to cool. Once cool peel off the skin and discard it. Mash the eggplant coarsely and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
5. Add chopped onion, green chilli and fry until golden brown.
6. Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder and cook till soft and separates from oil.
7. Now add the mashed eggplant, garam masala, salt and stir until it blends well.
8. Cook on low heat for another 10 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve hot with Paratha or Roti.