Try this simple classic vegie omelette with a fresh green salad of your choice.
2-3 tbsp milk
1 cup Vegetables – (grated carrot, cabbage, capsicum), chopped tomatoes, few coriander leaves
Baby spinach handfull
1 green chilli (finely chopped)
½ tsp turmeric
2-3 tsp cooking oil
Salt & pepper
Shredded lettuce, baby spinach and sliced cucumber.
Dressing- lemon juice
• Whisk egg and milk in a medium bowl.
• Finally mix with grated carrot, cabbage, onion, capsicum, coriander leaves, spinach, salt and pepper.
• Lightly coat the pan with cooking oil and heat for 1 minute.
• Pour omelette mixture into pan and cook on medium heat until mixture begins to set on bottom.
• The bottom should be light golden in colour.
• Flip over omelette and cook the other side.
• Once it turns a light golden colour, remove carefully with a flat spatula on to a plate and fold in half.
• Serve with salad on the side
Recipe courtesy: Neelima Veeramachaneni