Love the simplicity of this jam. With just a few ingredients you get to enjoy a great tasting raspberry jam. I prefer to make a small batch of Raspberry jam as it works well for me. Please let us know how this turns out for you in the comments!
200 gms Raspberries (frozen)
120 gms granular sugar
1/2 Lemon juice
1 tbsp of lemon zest
1. Place a small plate in the freezer to test the consistency of the jam at the end.
2. Take a heavy based deep saucepan. Add the raspberries, lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar.
3. Leave saucepan for an hour or overnight in the fridge.
4. Put the saucepan on a low heat till the sugar dissolves.
5. Crush the berries with a potato masher.
6. Increase heat and boil hard stirring constantly for about 8 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken.
7. Test the consistency of the jam.
Setting point test – Place a small dollop of jam on the chilled plate, drag your finger or spoon through. It should leave a clear path that doesn’t fill in.
8. Once the setting point is reached remove from heat.
9. Pour into sterilised jars.
10. Refrigerate after opening.
You can use fresh or frozen Raspberries.
Always use firm ripe fruit to get the best jam. Avoid using over ripe or under ripe fruits.
TMLeave a comment