Enjoy the spicy and aromatic raw tomato chutney/pachadi. It goes well as a side dish to Indian cuisine
500gms Raw Tomatoes chopped
1 big onion chopped
6-8 Green chilli (as per taste)
3 Tbsp Peanuts (roast and skin removed)
3 Tbsp Oil
2 tsp Vegetable oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp Jeera seeds
1 tsp urad dal
1 Dry red chilli broken
2 sprigs curry leaves
1. Heat oil in a heavy base pan.
2. Add green chillis, onion and raw tomatoes.
3. Cook covered on medium flame stirring occasionally until soft.
4. Remove from flame, add salt, tamarind and let it come to room temperature.
5. Blend peanuts first and then add the tomato mix. Blend to fine paste.
6. Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let them pop.
7. Add jeera seeds, urad dal, dry red chilli and curry leaves and toss for 30 seconds.
8. Remove from heat and pour over the chutney mix.
9. Serve with steamed rice, roti, idli or dosa.
TMLeave a comment