500gm Plums (You can use nectarines, apricots or peaches)
150gm granular sugar
½ lemon juice
1. Place a saucer in the freezer to test the consistency of the jam at the end.
2. Wash and cut the plums into thin slices.
3. Take a heavy base pan, add the plums and 2 tbsp water.
4. Bring to boil and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the plums are tender but not falling apart.
5. Keep simmering and add sugar, lemon juice and stir till the sugar dissolves.
6. Now increase the heat and bring the jam to a rolling boil, remember to stir often.
7. After about 10-15 minutes the mixture starts to get thick and glossy.
8. Time to test the consistency of the jam – Spoon a little jam on a chilled saucer and drag your finger through.
9. It should leave a clear path that does not fill in. Remove from heat.
10. Pour into sterilised jars while still hot then refrigerate.
TMLeave a comment