A simple and easy veg quesadilla recipe for a quick weeknight or weekend meal
2 tablespoons oil
1 red onion (chopped)
2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 medium zucchini (chopped)
2 cups fresh spinach
½ cup frozen peas
1-2 green chilli (finely chopped)
4 large flour tortillas (8 inch)
cheddar cheese (shredded)
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add onion, garlic and green chilli. Cook till onions turn translucent.
2. Add chopped mushrooms, cook for 2 minutes. Then add zucchini and frozen peas stirring occasionally for 3-4, stir in fresh spinach. Remove from heat.
3. Heat a separate fry pan/tava.
4. Brush oil on one side of tortilla and place the oiled side down on the frypan.
5. Put half of the filling on the tortilla and sprinkle cheese. Place another tortilla on top and lightly brush with oil and press gently with spatula.
6. Cook on medium for about 2 minutes or till the cheese melts and the tortilla is crisp. To flip quesadilla, place a plate on top of quesadilla and with the help of a spatula flip it onto the plate. Now slide the uncooked part onto the frypan. Cook till the cheese melts and crisp.
7. Remove from heat, cut quesadilla into 4 wedges and serve with sour cream.